Welcome to the Barrhaven Scottish Senior Women’s program! We are looking for players of all experiences and levels to join our club. We offer an inclusive, fun and dynamic program that focuses on optimizing the performance of all players through structured and highly motivating practices.
Our record of success (including our FRQ championship win in 2014) is a testament to the commitment, skill and excellence of our players and coaches. We believe that rugby is the greatest sport in the world and that community lies at its heart – so whether you are a new player or an experienced vet, you are welcome here!
Registration is OPEN!
Club dues for 2020 are:
- Senior full: $480
- U19s playing senior rugby: $440
Registration dues include:
- Indoor training, two practices per week, and all League matches until completion of play-offs
- Rugby Canada/Rugby Ontario trained and certified Coaches at all events
- Certified Athletic Therapists at all home games
- Rugby Canada insurance coverage and dues
- Rugby Ontario dues
- Barrhaven Scottish RFC dues; (including but not limited to – field rentals, field maintenance, referees, coaching certifications, AT services, practice equipment, jerseys, etc)
- One ticket to the End-of-Season Junior Banquet
- The opportunity to join the best rugby club in the Eastern Ontario region.
Outdoor training will begin after May 16, at the earliest (subject to the City opening the fields)
Tuesdays: Longfields-Davidson Heights Secondary School, Berrigan Drive, Barrhaven
Thursdays: Rowan’s Pitch, Ken Ross Park, 600 Longfields Drive, Barrhaven
Times: 6:30pm to 8:00pm
What to bring: water bottle, cleats (soccer or rugby), mouth guard (boil and form ones are adequate)
What to wear: cleats, layers of comfortable active wear strong enough to withhold contact sessions
Rowan’s Pitch, Ken Ross Park, 600 Longfields Drive, Barrhaven
Coaches for the 2020 season are:
- Jackie Tittley, Head Coach – firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information please contact:
Danielle Vervuurt and Leah Pedis – Directors Senior Women – email@example.com
“Training to Perform” (Rugby Canada LTPD Model)
The focus of this stage of development is on optimizing individual fitness, refining skills and peaking for major competitions. The focus of training is on optimizing performance through period-specific sessions, by addressing weak points in skills, and by continuing to learn how to “play to our strengths and attack opposition weaknesses.”
Barrhaven Scottish Senior WomenThe Barrhaven Scottish Rugby Football Club Senior Women’s team are the defending Super League Champions. 2015 sees these great young athletes striving to repeat, this video shows their commitment, grace and athleticism.The 2015 Barrhaven Scottish Rugby Football Club season is proudly presented byRoyal Oak PubsGetwebmax.comKonno Performance Wear OfficialThe Parlour Pizza Kitchen & BarPB&J MediaRugby OntarioEastern Ontario Rugby UnionRugby QuébecRugby Canada
Posted by Barrhaven Scottish Rugby Football Club on Tuesday, August 11, 2015