Junior Boys & Girls Teams
Welcome to the Barrhaven Scottish Junior Rugby Programs!
The Juniors age categories are for players aged 18 and under. Players are grouped in three age categories: U14 (14 and under), U16 (16 and under) and U18 (18 and under).
The Barrhaven Scottish RFC Juniors programmes are a fun, exciting and structured set of programs. The focus for each of these programs follows the on the integrated framework of Rugby Ontario Long Term Rugby Development model to facilitate the development of rugby players at all levels of participation and experience. These age groups fall into Stage 4 “Training to Train” and Stage 5 “Training to Compete” of the LTRD model.
During non-COVID times, teams participate in age category League matches, usually on a weekly basis during the summer months.
For further information, please contact the VP Program – email@example.com
Fall Season Registration – OPEN
Club dues for NEW players registering for the Fall season are:
- U14s: $195
- U16s: $195
- U18s: $195
Registration dues include:
- Two outdoor practices per week, and all matches until completion of play-offs
- Rugby Canada/Rugby Ontario trained and certified Coaches at all events
- Certified Athletic Therapists at all home games
- Rugby Canada insurance coverage and dues
- Rugby Ontario dues
- Barrhaven Scottish RFC dues; (including but not limited to – field rentals, field maintenance, referees, coaching certifications, AT services, practice equipment, jerseys, etc)
- The opportunity to join the best rugby club in the Eastern Ontario region.
Outdoor training has begun in Rugby Ontario modified Phase 2.
U14, U16, U18 Jr Girls
Where: Rowan’s Pitch & Ken Ross Park Softball field
When: Mondays & Wednesdays
Times: 6:30 – 8:00pm
U14, U16 & U18 Jr Boys
What to bring: water bottle, cleats (soccer or rugby), mouth guard (boil and form ones are adequate)
What to wear: cleats, layers of comfortable active wear strong enough to withhold contact sessions
Secondary Training Locations (2021)
Coaches for the 2021 season are:
- U14 Girls: Johanna Dingwall (firstname.lastname@example.org) and John Ruff (J.email@example.com).
- U14 Boys: Aaron McDonald (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Paul Shibata (email@example.com);
- U16 Girls: Mike Junek (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Ben Dunn (email@example.com).
- U16 Boys: Aaron McDonald (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Paul Shibata (email@example.com)
- U18 Girls: Barb Gillie (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Jason Armstrong (email@example.com)
- U18 Boys: John Dingwall (firstname.lastname@example.org),Lem White (email@example.com) and Brodie McDonell (firstname.lastname@example.org)
For more information please contact:
Johanna Dingwall – email@example.com
Rugby Ontario Long Term Player Development
Stage 4: Training to Train- Build the Rugby Heard Drive
Ages: Males 12-16 and Females 11-15
Goal: Promote rugby specific skill development.
Stage 5: Training to Compete- Optimize Rugby Potential
Ages: Males 16-19 and Females 15-18
Goal: Develop specialization and position-specific skills
Learn more about Rugby Ontario’s LTRD Model