Senior Men's Team
Welcome to the Barrhaven Scottish Senior Men's Rugby Program
We are looking for players of all experiences and levels to join our club. We offer an inclusive, fun and dynamic program that focuses on optimizing the performance of all players through structured and highly motivating practices.
Our Senior Men’s program consists of two active teams; competing in the Eastern Ontario Rugby Union (EORU) League. We train twice a week during the evening with most matches on the weekends. Some matches are held on week nights depending on the schedule.
Our teams are made up of a range of experience including provincial and EORU representative players, University and College level players, as well as those new to the sport and seasoned veterans.
We believe that rugby is the greatest sport in the world and that community lies at its heart – so whether you are a new player or an experienced vet, you are welcome here!
Please get in touch with us at email@example.com with any questions you may have!
Registration – OPEN
Club dues for NEW players registering for the 2023 season are:
- Senior Full: $475 (HST Included)
Registration dues include:
- indoor spring training in the Dome
- two outdoor practices per week, and all League matches until completion of play-offs
- Rugby Canada/Rugby Ontario trained and certified Coaches at all events
- Certified Athletic Therapists at all home games
- Rugby Canada insurance coverage and dues
- Rugby Ontario dues
- Barrhaven Scottish RFC dues; (including but not limited to – field rentals, field maintenance, referees, coaching certifications, AT services, practice equipment, jerseys, etc)
- The opportunity to join the best rugby club in the Eastern Ontario region.
Indoor Dome Training (Starts 18th March 2023)
Where : SuperDome at Ben Franklin Park
When : Saturdays
Outdoor Training (Starts mid-May 2023, when the City of Ottawa opens the fields)
Times: 6:30pm to 8:00pm
What to bring: water bottle, cleats (soccer or rugby), mouth guard (boil and form ones are adequate)
What to wear: cleats, layers of comfortable active wear strong enough to withhold contact sessions
Senior Men 1st XV LPR Provincial 2 Championship Game
Senior Men 2nd XV LPR Provincial 2 Championship Game
Coaches for the 2023 season are:
- Head Coach – Nick Park (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Assistant Coach – Dan Gauthier (email@example.com)
- Assistant Coach – Dave “Slippy” Jarell
For more information please contact:
Director Senior Men – firstname.lastname@example.org
Rugby Ontario Long Term Player Development
Stage 6: Training to Perform – Maximize Rugby Performance
Males Ages: 18-21
Goal: Develop core skills and position-specific skills
Stage 7: Ultimate Performance – Optimal Rugby Performance
Males Ages: 21+/-
Goal: Achieve optimal performance
Learn more about Rugby Ontarios LTRD Model